|Next recommended reading: Factory Reset|
|Utility Tab Quick Links|
Advanced features in the MiniTT1 and FlexTT5 are available when using the PocketWizard Utility and connecting your radio to your PC or Mac via a USB cable. The PocketWizard Utility allows you to update your USB enabled PocketWizard with the latest Firmware and adjust the features of the MiniTT1 and FlexTT5. The latest version of the utility can be downloaded from pocketwizard.com.
- Internet connection (for downloading Firmware and Application updates).
- Working USB connection (to connect USB enabled PocketWizard).
- USB cable with standard USB connector(to connect to PC) to mini USB connector (to connect to PocketWizard).
Key features of the PocketWizard Utiltiy
- Updating the firmware in USB enabled PocketWizards. Currently this includes the MultiMAX, the PowerST4 and the Canon and Nikon versions of the MiniTT1 and FlexTT5.
- Modifying the settings for the C1 and C2 configurations in a MiniTT1 or FlexTT5.
Preparing to Use the PocketWizard Utility for the first time
Once the PocketWizard Utility has been installed successfully you should register all USB enabled PocketWizard units with the application. To do this follow the steps below.
- Start the PocketWizard Utility.
- Connect the USB cable from your computer to your PocketWizard USB enabled radio.
- The PocketWizard Utility will automatically find the radio and register it in the application. This will be complete when you see the radio information on the main screen.
- Unplug the radio and repeat the previous steps for the rest of your USB enabled PocketWizard radios.
- Once all of your radios have been registered, click the Check For Updates button. Refer to the Check For Updates section for more information.
Setting the MultiMAX to USB mode
- Connect the radio to your computer.
- While holding down the Back Light Button turn on the radio to either TRANSMIT or RECEIVE.
- When the radio is in USB mode the LCD screen should be blank and the top red LED will blink steadily.
Setting the MiniTT1/FlexTT5 to USB mode
The MiniTT1 and FlexTT5 auto detect when the USB cable has been connected. To see the battery level the MiniTT1 and the FlexTT5 need to be powered on for at least 3 seconds before plugging in the USB cable.