PocketWizard Utility FAQ
|PocketWizard Utility Beta Version 1.63|
|A new beta version of the PocketWizard Utility is available which supports Mac OS X El Capitan (10.11.2/3) and Microsoft Windows 10, among others. It also has streamlined firmware updating. Check it out in the Beta Lab.|
- 1 How do I reset everything back to defaults?
- 2 Why won’t the Utility recognize my radios?
- 3 Can I leave my radio connected to the USB port to test changes quickly?
- 4 Why won’t the Utility let me download the latest firmware version?
- 5 Is the Utility compatible with my operating system?
- 6 Why are all the fields in the Utility screen grayed-out?
- 7 Where are all the options for advanced settings?
- 8 What is the latest firmware version for my radio? Where can I find release notes?
- 9 What do all of these Utility selections mean, anyway?
How do I reset everything back to defaults?
Why won’t the Utility recognize my radios?
This can occur for one of several reasons. Try the following:
- Use a USB port on the computer, not a USB hub.
- Disconnect other USB devices that may be interfering (tablet, wireless mouse, etc.).
- Try a second USB cable.
- Uninstall and reinstall the latest version of the Utility, available for download on our website.
- Try using a different user account.
- Try using your computer’s Safe Mode.
- If you’re still having trouble, contact PocketWizard tech support for help.
Can I leave my radio connected to the USB port to test changes quickly?
No. This will affect sync timing. You should disconnect the radio and power cycle it (if it was turned on) after any changes.
Why won’t the Utility let me download the latest firmware version?
Is the Utility compatible with my operating system?
The latest version of the PocketWizard Utility works well with all recent versions of Windows (7, 8.1, 10). In the Read Me file, Windows 8.1 and 10 are not listed as compatible. We are currently working on a new version of the Utility that includes proper documentation.
We have a new beta version of the PocketWizard Utility to support Mac OS X El Capitan (10.11.2) and Microsoft Windows 10. It also has new features that streamline firmware updating, as well as a few bug fixes. Check it out in the Beta Lab. Your help in testing it will be greatly appreciated!
Why are all the fields in the Utility screen grayed-out?
The Utility is trying to contact our servers and can't. Start by opening a new browser window and entering ftp.radioslave.com. If you are presented with a password window, that’s good – it means the Utility can access the necessary servers. If you are not presented with a password window, check your firewall and security settings to be sure the Utility has been allowed the necessary permissions.
If you still have trouble, contact PocketWizard tech support.
Where are all the options for advanced settings?
Click the check-box in the bottom-left corner of the Utility window (there’s a picture of a small blue cog) to enable Advanced Mode and reveal additional settings.
What is the latest firmware version for my radio? Where can I find release notes?
You can find the latest firmware versions for your radios and read release notes in the Support section of our webpage.
What do all of these Utility selections mean, anyway?
The Utility can be used to optimize ControlTL radios for a particular desired performance. Most photographers will be able to use radios in their default settings. To read more about each Utility setting, visit our PocketWizard Utility wiki page.