Advanced features in the MiniTT1 and FlexTT5 are available when using the PocketWizard Utility and connecting your radio to your PC or Mac via a USB cable. The PocketWizard Utility allows you to update your USB enabled PocketWizard with the latest Firmware and adjust the features of the MiniTT1 and FlexTT5.
The latest version of the Utility, and easy steps to install, can be found on our Getting Started page.
- A computer running Mac OS X or Microsoft Windows
- Internet connection (for downloading Firmware and Application updates).
- Working USB connection (to connect USB enabled PocketWizard).
- USB cable with standard USB connector (to connect to PC) to Mini-B USB connector (to connect to PocketWizard).
Key features of the PocketWizard Utility
- Updating the firmware in USB enabled PocketWizards. Currently this includes the Plus III, Plus IV, MultiMAX, PowerMC2, PowerST4, the Canon and Nikon versions of the MiniTT1 and FlexTT5, and the Canon FlexTT6.
- Modifying the settings for the C1 and C2 configurations in a MiniTT1 or FlexTT5 and select functions of the PowerST4 and PowerMC2. Configurations are similar to custom function settings in your camera, allowing you to have different setups, depending on the results desired or equipment used. Please see the Factory Reset page for the default configuration settings.
Preparing to Use the PocketWizard Utility for the first time
First, follow the steps on Getting Started page.
Once the PocketWizard Utility has been installed successfully you should register all USB enabled PocketWizard units with the application and check for firmware updates. To do this follow the steps below.
- Start the PocketWizard Utility.
- Connect the USB cable from your computer to your PocketWizard USB enabled radio. The PocketWizard Utility will automatically find the radio and register it in the application. This will be complete when you see the radio information on the main screen.
- Unplug the radio and repeat the previous steps for the rest of your USB enabled PocketWizard radios.
- Once all of your radios have been registered, click the Check For Updates button. Refer to the Update Tab section for more information.
Setting the MultiMAX to USB mode
Follow the instructions on the MultiMAX FAQ.
Setting the MiniTT1/FlexTT5 to USB mode
The MiniTT1 and FlexTT5 auto-detect when the USB cable has been connected. To see the battery level, the MiniTT1 and the FlexTT5 need to be powered on for at least 3 seconds before plugging in the USB cable.
PocketWizard Utility FAQ
Having trouble with the Utility? Check out our PocketWizard Utility FAQ page!