|Next recommended reading: Status LED|
Some PocketWizard radios require batteries.
Turn OFF your equipment (PocketWizard units, electronic flash units, cameras, etc.) before making connections or changing batteries.
FlexTT5, Canon or Nikon
Install 2 fresh AA (IEC:LR6) batteries into the FlexTT5 Transceiver. Make sure to note proper polarity.
Alkaline batteries are recommended. Rechargeable or other chemistry batteries will also work, though life expectancy may vary.
Life expectancy = approximately 60 hours with alkaline batteries.
MiniTT1, Canon or Nikon
The MiniTT1 saves batteries by automatically entering an extremely low power state when the camera enters sleep mode, or if not on a camera and TEST is not pressed for 10 seconds.
Install a fresh CR2450 or CR2354 coin cell battery into the MiniTT1 Transmitter. Make sure to note proper polarity. When the battery is in the radio, you should be able to see the + sign.
The CR2450 is recommended for longer battery life. Life expectancy varies based on usage profile, as well as camera and flash models. When using a CR2450:
- Canon MiniTT1 = 100’s of hours/thousands of triggers
- Nikon MiniTT1 = approximately 30 hours of camera awake time
Basic Trigger Mode consumes the coin cell battery more quickly and is not recommended when using the MiniTT1 for Nikon on a Nikon camera, or when using the MiniTT1 for Canon on a Canon camera.
Low temperature affects coin cell performance. Always use fresh batteries in cold temperatures. Make sure to read the Safety Warnings about temperature.
MiniTT1 and FlexTT5 Status LED
Look at the normal Status LED blink to determine battery level, or use the PocketWizard Utility.
- LED Blink
- Green = Good battery
- Amber = Warning – battery low
- Red = Very low battery – change immediately
To see your battery level in the PocketWizard Utility, make sure your MiniTT1 or FlexTT5 are turned on (set to C.1 or C.2) before you connect the USB cable. Hover your mouse cursor over the battery icon to get an exact voltage and battery status.
For all PocketWizard products,the storage temperature range, without batteries, is above -30° C (-22° F) and below 85° C (185° F).
Always remove batteries during storage.
WARNING – To avoid battery leakage, follow these guidelines:
- Always remove the batteries when the unit is not in use for extended periods of time, or during shipping or long distance travel.
- Never mix old and new batteries. Always use a fresh pair of matched batteries.
- Always change batteries promptly at the first indication of low battery operation.
- Do not use or leave the unit in extreme temperature or humid environments.