Difference between revisions of "Current Firmware"
(Created page with " Thank you for purchasing a PocketWizard radio. Like most modern electronics, PocketWizard radios run on sophisticated firmware that we update occasionally. If your radios ha...")
Revision as of 12:55, 6 October 2014
Thank you for purchasing a PocketWizard radio. Like most modern electronics, PocketWizard radios run on sophisticated firmware that we update occasionally.
If your radios have the latest firmware, you can just start shooting - no updating required! The radios are already tuned for most situations.
Expand your radio to see if you can just start taking pictures, or if you need to take a moment to update firmware.
MiniTT1 & FlexTT5 - Canon
6.905 is the latest Canon firmware. If your camera is listed here, follow the Quick Start steps below:
|Auto-detected Canon Cameras|
|Canon 1D X||Canon 7D Mark II||Canon 70D||Canon Rebel T5 (1200D)|
|Canon 1D Mark III||Canon 7D||Canon 30D|
|Canon 5D Mark III|
|Canon 5D Mark II|
If your camera is not listed, or your radio's firmware is older than 6.905, you need to install the PocketWizard Utility. Go to our Getting Started page right now. It's easy and should only take a few minutes.
- Turn everything off and install fresh batteries
- Set up your remotes:
- Slide your Speedlite onto a FlexTT5 and lock it down
- Turn the Speedlite on, and set it to ETTL - don't use "Master" or "Slave"
- Turn the FlexTT5 on to C.1 - a low power flash confirms it's ready
- Slide your MiniTT1 or FlexTT5 onto your camera and turn it on to C.1
- Turn on the camera, set the shutter speed to 1/160th, and shoot a calibration shot to prime the radios - the remote Speedlite won't fire
- Start shooting TTL pictures!
You're all set!
This is Basic Wireless TTL. Adjust your camera's Flash Exposure Compensation to change the power level of your Speedlite. You can't adjust power levels using the camera's [Flash control] menu settings, but there are easier and more powerful options:
|Next recommended reading: MiniTT1 and FlexTT5|