Try out the latest MiniTT1 and FlexTT5 firmware (other radios, too!). We appreciate your help testing our newest features and improvements before our official production release is available. Anyone can participate, but you should be very comfortable using the PocketWizard Utility and be willing to provide detailed feedback of your experiences. If that’s you, please follow the steps below to begin your own beta test.
Release notes for current official production firmware can be found on our Getting Started page.
You must be using PocketWizard Utility version 1.54 or later before installing the latest firmware.
Canon MiniTT1 & FlexTT5
7D Mark II - beta
The current Canon ControlTL beta firmware version is 6.804 and is available through the PocketWizard Utility right now. It adds support for Canon's latest DSLR, the Canon EOS 7D Mark II, and corrects a few issues.
Release notes: File:Canon MiniTT1 FlexTT5 BETA firmware v6.726.pdf
The current ControlTL Canon official production firmware is 6.905. This release is available for both FCC and CE radios.
Nikon MiniTT1 & FlexTT5
D750 / SB-500 - beta
The current Nikon ControlTL beta firmware version is 3.909 and is available through the PocketWizard Utility right now. It adds support for Nikon's latest DSLR, the Nikon D750, as well as the SB-500 Speedlight. It also corrects a few issues.
Release Notes: File:Nikon MiniTT1 FlexTT5 BETA firmware v3.707.pdf
The current ControlTL Nikon official production firmware is 3.909. This release is available for both FCC and CE radios.
PowerST4 for Elinchrom
The current PowerST4 firmware is version 5.400. This release is available for both FCC and CE radios. There is no beta release at this time.
PowerMC2 for Einstein E640
The current PowerMC2 firmware is version 2.402/3 (FCC/CE). There is no beta release at this time.
The current Plus III firmware is version 1.212. This release is available for both FCC and CE radios. There is no beta release at this time.
The current MultiMAX firmware is version 7.53. This release is available for both FCC and CE radios. There is no beta release at this time.
Only MultiMAX's with a USB port are capable of downloading firmware. Some older MultiMAX units do not have a USB port.
Enabling Beta Firmware
- To enable access to beta firmware, open the PocketWizard Utility, and navigate down to the blue gear in the bottom left corner of the window.
- Navigate over to the "Firmware Updates" tab.
- Navigate down to the bottom and check "Yes, I would like to have access to Optional and Beta Test firmware."
- Click OK.
- Navigate to the Update Tab.
- Click "Check for Updates."
Navigate down to where it says "Optional Versions" and then select the option that matches your connected radio. Click OK and then follow the onscreen prompts that follow.
We need feedback on your experiences testing the beta firmware! Feedback can include your opinion of overall functionality or any bugs or issues you may have encountered. When providing feedback, the more detail you can provide the better.
Please include the following as a minimum:
- Beta firmware release version number
- Camera being used (brand, model # & firmware version)
- Flashes being used(brand & model #)
- PocketWizard radios in use
The following information would also be useful:
- Camera settings
- Flash settings
- Location information (indoor, outdoor)
- Any potential radio interference sources
- Anything else that may help us understand your photo environment and situation.
- Computer system info
- Best way to contact you should follow-up be necessary