With the latest public release candidate, or beta firmware, you get to try out MiniTT1 and FlexTT5 or other radios' firmware and features currently being developed and assist us in the final stages before a “Final Release” is available. Anyone can participate in the beta lab but you should be very comfortable using the PocketWizard Utility and be willing and able to provide detailed feedback of your experiences using the beta firmware. If that’s you, then follow the steps below to begin your own beta test.
Release notes for all current firmware can be found here: 
You must be using PocketWizard Utility version 1.54 or later before installing these firmware version.
MiniTT1 & FlexTT5 for Canon
The current ControlTL Canon firmware is 6.905. This release is available for both FCC and CE radios. There is no beta release at this time.
MiniTT1 & FlexTT5 for Nikon
The current ControlTL Nikon firmware is 3.909. This release is available for both FCC and CE radios. There is no beta release at this time.
PowerST4 for Elinchrom
The current PowerST4 firmware is version 5.400. This release is available for both FCC and CE radios. There is no beta release at this time.
PowerMC2 for Einstein E640 Flash
The current PowerMC2 firmware is version 2.402/3 (FCC/CE). There is no beta release at this time.
The current Plus III firmware is version 1.212. This release is available for both FCC and CE radios. There is no beta release at this time.
The current MultiMAX firmware is version 7.53. This release is available for both FCC and CE radios. There is no beta release at this time.
Only MultiMAX's with a USB port are capable of downloading firmware. Some older MultiMAX units do not have a USB port.
We need your FEEDBACK! Feedback on the beta firmware should be sent to PocketWizard via the “Inquires Form” on our “Contact” page or simply email them to firstname.lastname@example.org and put "beta" in the subject line. Updates to the Beta Lab will be posted to our Facebook page.
Enabling Beta Firmware
- To enable access to beta firmware, open PocketWizard Utility, and navigate down to the blue gear in the bottom left corner of the window.
- Navigate over to the "Firmware Updates" tab.
- Navigate down to the bottom and check "Yes, I would like to have access to Optional and Beta Test firmware."
- Click OK.
- Navigate to the Update Tab.
- Click "Check for Updates."
Navigate down to where it says "Optional Versions" and then select the option that matches your connected radio. Click OK and then follow the onscreen prompts that follow.
For a beta program to to be of value to us in improving the PocketWizard ControlTL firmware, we need feedback on your experiences with testing the beta firmware. Feedback can include your opinion of overall functionality or any bugs or issues you may have encountered. When providing feedback, the more detail you can provide the better. Please ALWAYS include the following:
- beta firmware release version number
- Camera being used (brand & model #)
- Flashes being used(brand & model #)
- PocketWizard models being used
If possible, the following information would also be useful but is not required:
- Camera settings
- Flash settings
- Location information (indoor, outdoor)
- Any potential radio interference sources
- Anything else that may help us understand your photo environment and situation.
- Computer system info
- Best way to contact you should follow-up be necessary