Try out the latest MiniTT1 and FlexTT5 firmware (other radios, too!) or PocketWizard Utility. We appreciate your help testing our newest features and improvements before our official production release is available. Anyone can participate, but you should be very comfortable using the PocketWizard Utility and be willing to provide detailed feedback of your experiences. If that’s you, please read on to begin your own beta test.
Release notes for current official production firmware can be found on our Getting Started page.
You must be using PocketWizard Utility version 1.54 or later before installing the latest firmware.
Canon MiniTT1 & FlexTT5
There is no beta firmware available at this time.
The current ControlTL Canon official production firmware is 6.900. This release is available for both FCC and CE radios. There is no beta release at this time.
Nikon MiniTT1 & FlexTT5
The current Nikon ControlTL beta firmware version is 3.818 and is available through the PocketWizard Utility right now. It adds support for Nikon's latest DSLRs; D5, D500, D7200, D5500, and limited support for the SB-5000:
To gain access to the beta firmware, see below.
The current ControlTL Nikon official production firmware is 3.800. This release is available for both FCC and CE radios.
PowerST4 for Elinchrom
The current PowerST4 firmware is version 5.400. This release is available for both FCC and CE radios. There is no beta release at this time.
PowerMC2 for Einstein E640
The current PowerMC2 firmware is version 2.402/3 (FCC/CE). There is no beta release at this time.
The current Plus III firmware is version 1.210. This release is available for both FCC and CE radios. There is no beta release at this time.
The current MultiMAX firmware is version 7.53. This release is available for both FCC and CE radios. There is no beta release at this time.
Only MultiMAX's with a USB port are capable of downloading firmware. Some older MultiMAX units do not have a USB port.
Enabling Beta Firmware
- Open the PocketWizard Utility and tick the box for Advanced Mode
- Click the blue gear in the bottom left corner of the window
- Click the "Firmware Updates" tab
- Click the radio button for "Yes, show me beta firmware and official firmware."
- Click OK
- Completely close the PocketWizard Utility
- Re-open the PocketWizard Utility, make sure your radio is connected, and click the Update Tab
- Click "Update Firmware"
Select the version of firmware, BETA or Official, you would like installed in your radio. Click OK and then follow the onscreen prompts
We need feedback on your experiences testing the beta firmware! Feedback can include your opinion of overall functionality or any bugs or issues you may have encountered. When providing feedback, the more detail you can provide the better.
Please include the following as a minimum:
- Beta firmware release version number
- Camera being used (brand, model # & firmware version)
- Flashes being used(brand & model #)
- PocketWizard radios in use
The following information would also be helpful:
- Camera settings
- Flash settings
- Location information (indoor, outdoor)
- Any potential radio interference sources
- Anything else that may help us understand your photo environment and situation.
- Computer system info
- Best way to contact you should follow-up be necessary
Please send feedback via one of these: